You must have had times wherein you wished to send the same text: various invitations, meeting announcements, etc., to several contacts on your phone. Instead of individually texting every contact, there is an easy solution out there.
This solution barely takes any time. It allows you to quickly communicate important matters to many people in a matter of seconds. If you are stuck with this problem for a while and are clueless about how to solve it, fret not! We’ve got you covered!
Read on to find out ways in which you can send texts to multiple people.
- 1 Sending Texts to Multiple Contacts Using your Personal Mobile Phone
- 2 What is a Multiple-Text App?
- 3 How Can One Send Multiple Texts at Once with a Multi-Text Sender?
- 4 When to Use Which?
- 5 The Bottom Line
Sending Texts to Multiple Contacts Using your Personal Mobile Phone
Gone are the days when you would send one greeting at a time to each individual person in your contacts. Now, you can use your personal mobile phones to send texts to multiple contacts all at once.
Just like emails evolved and allowed people to send one email to many recipients at once, similarly, text messages became advanced too. Now, you can use your personal mobile phones or smartphones to send texts to many people instantly.
Whether you have an Android phone or an iOS device, there’s a solution for each kind. So, if you’re wondering if this is actually possible, let’s get right to it!
How to Send a Single Message to Multiple Recipients on Android?
Android phones usually have a straightforward interface that does not require much effort to figure out.
If you wish to send a single message to a large group of people while remaining the only recipient of responses, here are some easy steps to take so on your Android device.
- Launch your Android phone.
- Select ‘Messages’ from the Home Screen. Tap on Messages.
- Click on Menu and choose Settings.
- In the list, you will come across ‘Advanced’; click on it.
- Now, select Group Messaging.
- Finally, you will see an option to send the SMS to multiple contacts. Select “Send an SMS reply to all recipients and get individual replies.”
- Now, you’re all set to send multiple texts to more than one contact at a point in time.
How to Send Multiple Texts on iPhone?
Sometimes you need to send a message to more than one recipient from your iPhone. To do so, follow these easy steps:
- Launch the ‘Messages’ app on the home screen of your iPhone.
- You will see a square-shaped notepad icon. This icon allows you to type a new message.
- Once you’re done typing the new message, you will see a plus sign (blue and white-colored). Click on this (+) symbol to open the address book.
- Tap any name that you wish to add to the list of recipients. If you want to make this process quicker, you can type in the first few letters of the contact’s name in the “To:” box.
- Once you’ve selected the contacts, you can type in your text and click on the “Send” button.
Here are some things that you must bear in mind while sending mass messages:
- If you have a contact with more than one phone number, you can select which number you want to send the text to.
- When sending messages to several recipients at once, remember that they can see others’ contact numbers. So, if you feel like someone is not acquainted, always seek permission before including their details.
- If you wish to include someone’s number who does not feature in your address book, you can either save their number first or add their number manually.
What is a Multiple-Text App?
A group messaging app or a multiple-text app is a very beneficial communication tool to get in touch with multiple people at once. Such apps are great for sharing information, making decisions, crucial data, news, emergency announcements, as well as managing projects.
For instance, a TextMagic app is a great tool that offers business text messaging services. Using this app, you can start two-way conversations, send bulk texts, receive notifications, and more.
How Can One Send Multiple Texts at Once with a Multi-Text Sender?
When you wish to send multiple texts using a multi-text sender like the TextMagic app, all you need to do is follow a few easy steps. These are:
- Tap on “Compose” from the text sender app’s main menu.
- You can start adding the recipients now. This can be done by:
- Typing in numbers in the international format
- Entering the numbers in the local format
- Adding contacts from the address book
- Adding names from your specific “Lists”
- Entering names from the “Frequently-used numbers” list
- Select the phone number that you want to send the messages from.
- Type your message in the text box.
- After you’re done adding the contacts and entering the names, click on ‘Send.’
- You’ve successfully sent a bulk message!
When to Use Which?
If you wish to send multiple messages to your friends and family, it is better to use your personal device. This is ideal for when it is a one-time text, and you need no record of the same.
However, if you wish to use this feature for business or work-related announcements, you should resort to a group texting app or platform. This is because it helps manage messages and information more efficiently.
The Bottom Line
The multiple text message feature is a blessing to business professionals and general users alike. This not only saves time but also tons of effort while trying to convey specific information to a group of people.
Besides being the epitome of convenience for working professionals, this is a tool that allows people to connect with different individuals and send crucial data within a short span.